In case of the unfortunate event of an accident, we want you to know that all registered consumers are covered under an insurance policy.
1. To avail the benefit, Consumer must immediately inform the distributor in writing. The distributor will then inform the concerned Office of the Oil Marketing Company and the Insurance Company about the same.
2. The consumer must provide the originals of Death Certificate(s) and Post Mortem report(s) /Coroners report/Inquest report, as applicable, in case of deaths and original Medical Bills, Doctors’ Prescriptions in original supporting the purchase of the medicines, Discharge Card in original and any other documents related to the hospitalization in case of injuries.
3. In case of property damage at customers’ registered premises, the Insurance Co. appoints their Surveyor to assess the loss.
4. Claims are settled based upon the merit of each case. The concerned Insurance Company takes decision regarding settlement of the claim as per the provisions of Insurance Policies.
5. Customers are not required to apply to Insurance Company or to contact them directly.
The monetary value of coverage under the no fault liability policy is as under:
- Personal accident cover of Rs.6,00,000/- per person per event in case of death
- Covers medical expenses of Rs.30 lakhs per event, maximum Rs.2,00,000/- per person. Immediate relief upto Rs. 25,000/- per person.
- Property damage maximum Rs.2,00,000/- per event at authorised customer’s registered premises.
- It also covers customers who are supplied through reticulated system of LPG (Piped LPG).
In addition to the above, all LPG distributors also have Third Party Liability Insurance to cover losses in the event of an LPG accident.